With so much negativity going around in the world right now, it’s hard not to get dragged down with it. At the end of the day, it’s our own actions that will make the world a better place. Instead of complaining on social media about how awful everything is, why don’t we all remember all the good we can put into the world with just simple, random acts of kindness spread throughout the day.
- Volunteer with Animals. Find a shelter near you and get the dogs out of their cages for an hour or two.
- Send Your Grandparents a Card. Getting something in the mail other than a bill is so nice. Make a copy of an old photo and send it to your grandparents.
- Help the Homeless. Over 564,000 people in the United States are homeless. Do your part to aid those in need by volunteering, donating or more. Just see what this amazing lady is doing.
- Give a Stranger a Compliment. You have the power to put a smile on anyone’s face, if not for just a moment.
- Pay It Forward. Morning commute got you down? Pay your toll… and then some. The person behind you will have an awesome morning (and you probably will, too).
- Reach Out to an Old Friend. Who knows? Maybe you’ll even rekindle a lost friendship.
- Ask Your Mom if She Needs Help with Anything. Ah, mom. I know I’ve been promising to take the Halloween decorations down for two weeks now. I swear I will!
- Give Flowers to Someone Special. Don’t forget to do something nice for someone you love, too. Flowers, from the store or from the garden, are always a nice touch and will make you feel as warm and fuzzy inside as it does the recipient.
- Sign up for a Run for a Cause. Run, walk or crawl… just do it for charity!
- Hold a Food Drive. Hunger affects more people than you realize. If you’re in the U.S., team up with Move for Hunger and see just how easy it can be to hold a food drive.
- Sign Holiday Cards for Kids in The Hospital. One thing I love about every December is the holiday spirit. Spread it around to those who need it most.
- Leave a Nice Note in a Public Place. Leave a nice note for someone not expecting it. On the subway, in a public bathroom… no matter where it is, make someone else’s day.
- Buy a lottery ticket for the person behind you in line. Give someone else something positive to look forward too.
Now get out there and do your part to spread some kindness around the world