I’ll start off by saying I was actually so intimidated by this chocolate peppermint bark recipe. It seemed way too simple to be true! But it actually was incredibly easy to make. The best part is you really can’t mess it up since chocolate bark is never perfect. You can pour the white chocolate onto milk chocolate to make any design you like. When you break the bark apart, the pieces will vary in size and shape a lot. It’s not so much a science as it is an art. Just have fun with it! It tastes just like a better version of a peppermint patty.
It’s been the perfect addition to all my secret santa gifts so far including my mason jar recipe gift set!
-16 oz (usually- a bag and a third) of Chocolate Chips
-12 oz (one bag) White Chocolate Chips
-1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
-10 mini Candy Canes
1. Crush the candy canes. I used a big butchers knife to chop the candy canes and the side of the knife to crush them.
2.Put a sheet of parchment paper smoothly over a baking sheet.
3. Separate the chocolate chips and white chocolate chips into two glass bowls. Pour the peppermint extract into the bowl of chocolate chips.
4. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave. To avoid burning, put the bowl of chocolate chips in the microwave for about 20 seconds at a time, then taking the bowl out to stir the chocolate chips and scrape the sides. Repeat 3-4 times until completely melted and smooth.
5. Pour the melted chocolate chips onto the parchment paper. Use a spoon to evenly spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
6. Melt the white chocolate chips using the same method as the chocolate chips. Pour the melted white chocolate chips in stripes on top of the chocolate chip mixture. Use shiskabob stick or the edge of a knife to swirl a pattern into the mixture. (It doesn’t have to be perfect!)
7. Sprinkle crushed candy canes on top.
8. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes to a half hour until completely cooled. Break the bark into desired pieces.