With Thanksgiving just one day away, what better time is there to share this awesome recipe for easy and healthy apple pumpkin muffins? These bad boys served as my afternoon snack trying to get past the 3:00 work-day slump and were the perfect blend of apple and pumpkin and pecan crunch.
– 1 1/2 cups of Whole Wheat Flour
-1/2 cup Brown Sugar
-1 1/4 teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
– 3/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt
-3/4 cups Pumpkin Puree
-1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
– 1/2 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
– 2 Eggs
– 1/2 cup Diced Apples
– Chopped Pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Core, peel, and dice apples. About 1 medium sized apple should equal half a cup.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl – flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, brown sugar, pumpkin spice.
3. Mix in pumpkin puree, eggs, apple sauce, and vanilla Greek yogurt with an electric blender.
4. Add in diced apples and mix in a sprinkle of pecans (optional). Fill muffin tins completely with mixture. (My muffins stuck to the cupcake liners- next time I won’t use any!) Top with chopped pecans.
5. Bake for 22-24 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Joyful Healthy Eats. Thanks for sharing!